----------- soulful transformation through the stars. -----------

16 Nov 2014

{touch} literary bags


Gorgeous book covers are re-purposed into bags! Karen from Novel Creations says;

"Working for a used book store, I would bring home the books they wanted to throw away. I just could not see them taking a dive in the dumpster. I collected books like the crazy woman that collects cats! Eventually, I had to come up with an idea to recycle them."

"For me, being creative comes from loving what I am doing. And I am thankful for it everyday."

"The thrill of the hunt is such a huge part of the pleasure in creating these distinctive handbags. ‘One woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure’, certainly holds true here."



I can't decide which I prefer - but Austen is calling me at the moment. Which book, that she offers or you have in mind, would you choose?

19 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. should I be laughing at the above comment...? anyhow, the books/bags are FAB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. it's so fun here, it was a matter of time. ;) and good to see you!

      Delete
  4. good to see you back inhabiting this space....'tis most delicious!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello shiny one, shame that you have no face here ;p

      Delete
  5. Hello again. Love the return of Bohemian Twilight.
    I love the Lord of the Rings red purse. There are quite a few Austens that are lovely too :-).
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blog is beautiful. I'm intrigued by The Arabian Nights bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would make such a talking piece as you're out shopping, right?

      Delete
  7. Beautiful bags, Monica! A delight to booklovers, I think :) Thanks for writing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Monica… it’s been such a long time since i dropped by your site. what a fabulous surprise, it’s looking fab and beautiful - and i looooved browsing… hope you are well :) xo sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy return to this blog world! I would say I am a Jane Austen girl. Everything looks beautiful here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Picture of Dorian Gray as it's one of my favourite books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cool, I love book clutches and these bags aren't bad either ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Jane Austen one as well!

    ReplyDelete