----------- soulful transformation through the stars. -----------

1 Jun 2011

memory

We've been living in Montengro now for about 3 1/2 years, after England. And there are many memories I'm going to take away from here of course. Many good (embraced), some not so good (shrugged away), and a few quite horrid (learnt from and grew).

Since moving up into the mountains, where our back-view offers peaks and the front a sea horizon, where the weather changes without notice as it surreptitiously creeps over those stone-grey mountain tops, where the skies are never the same from hour to hour, where the woods hug in the day and speak in the night, I know that the memories that are going to wash suddenly over me in the future are the ones evoking Nature and the drama they played on my senses.

14 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! Some of my most loved memories are brought forth by the power of Nature. Every time we have a thunder storm, I think of my mom. She loves them just as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm mesmerized by where you live. And I love what you wrote about embracing the good, shrugging off the not-so-good and growing from the horrid. I will remember this outlook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my heart might explode. My husband is from Montenegro. It's one of the most beautiful places I've visited. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely written - and perfect photo to those words! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning, beautiful photo, yet your words actually paint the picture for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful words and images...

    You are so right about nature and how important it is in our lives...one of my most favorite memories is sitting on the front porch as a child during a summer rain, smelling the air and feeling the cool wetness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds so beautiful - I'm jealous. I love the thoughts of a future memory descending one day of the things that I see and feel now. And the photo is gorgeous - I love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome photo! Sounds like a beautiful place you live.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks everyone :)

    BookGirl, the smell of summer rain as a child is a memory that has lingered with me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for describing your world through your senses.
    Stunning picture

    ReplyDelete
  11. That picture is beautiful and the description of the views you have from your home sounds fantastic! Hope your week is good, Love from London - your newest follower ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breathtaking! You capture the most amazing moments!

    xo Lis

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful.. nature is so inspiring..

    ReplyDelete