----------- soulful transformation through the stars. -----------

16 May 2011

weekend snaps...

Budva (Madonna played here in 2008 but little Miss was only 18mths old and I one tired mama).
Strolled the promenade. Visited the teeny historic town. Took a retreat in the citadel's library - the refreshing coolness of stone and the magic of oh books and books.

 {source}

Chomped kebabs wrapped in freshly made flat bread. Slurped gelato style ice cream in sweet waffle cones. Drank tea and latte while Miss 3 played. Oh, and I left the camera in the car....


I did remember to buy postcards for my postcard swap buddies.



Awake at 4am, I read a little more Thomas Hardy.
(tired) question: why do some birds sing at night?



Made some hazelnut spread.
Hazelnuts, cocoa powder, sweetener, nothing else. Delish.



On Summer-is-oh-so-here Sunday we skyped the in-laws in UK 
from the hotspot in town.



A stroll through a still quiet town centre.
yeah ok, one shot. now give me back my Canonbaby.


Finish with a cranberry tea by the seaside.



So how was your weekend?


p.s, if you do a weekend wrap-up type post of mostly photos, let me know and I'll add your link into this post! I might add a linky next time.

Blue LaReve
chartreuse and a twist

15 comments:

  1. Your hazlenut spread sounds divine! Your mug of tea is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic location! Beautiful weekend indeed!

    A link to my weekend in photos:
    http://bluelareve.blogspot.com/2011/05/weekend-at-yasgurs-farm.html

    Hope your week is as peaceful as your weekend was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you've had a fantastic weekend. And I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your weekend sounds absolutely lovely! and very scenic :)

    thanks for visiting my blog - i replied to you in my comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Monica, thanks for your lovely comment, I really appreciate it. That piece of wood is actually a vintage shoe shape (I think that's what it's called)that was used for making made-to-measure shoes.

    Your photos are beautiful and your weekend certainly looks great. Love from London xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks like quite a perfect weekend :) ...and this is such a lovely blog you have here! thanks for stopping by my world & saying hello :)
    here is a link to my 'here's to a fabulous weekend!' post...
    http://chartreuseandatwist.blogspot.com/2011/05/heres-to-fabulous-weekend.html?showComment=1305582758336#c6678026209022639378
    have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun weekend! Mine wasn't enywhere close to this. for one thing, the weather is cold and it is raining non-stop since Friday evening. Plus I am up to my ears in prepping the place where I will be moving in July. Not too much time left for fun things ...I replied to your question in my post. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful + delicious weekend!

    wandering, books, sunshine, food...amazing.

    so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think chocolate hazelnut spread makes a weekend. Just incredible. So glad you had a wonderful one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful weekend! I'd love to be where you are in the world right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for commenting on my blog!! I adore yours! Your lifestyle sounds beautiful!

    I like the sounds of that hazelnut spread. And the recipe you have from a while back for coconut pancakes also sounds delish, I think I will try!

    I also like the sounds of this postcard swap group. Great idea! Do you do much travelling?

    ReplyDelete
  12. welcome lovely people!

    Brandi, not sure if it's a little sad that the spread was almost the highlight for me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mon, you have beautiful hair!
    am laughing at the caption 'now give me back my cannonbaby' :) sounds familiar!

    ReplyDelete