----------- soulful transformation through the stars. -----------

1 May 2011

Blueberry tea smoothie

so purty too


ingredients

1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup fruit tea of your choice (I tend to go for American Cranberry for health benefits)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 pro-biotic drinkable yoghurt
3-4 tsp equivalent of sugar (I use 3 Splenda tablets)


method

1. Make the tea and add the sweetener in long before you need it. (night before if you want this for brekkie)
2. Whip up cream until thick, add berries and whip again. (I use a hand mixer)
3. Add yoghurt and cold tea, mix.


nutrition: (will depend a lot on yoghurt and sugar used)
470 cals
46g fat
7.5g protein
11g net carbs

I drink about 3/4 early in the day, along with some protein rich food, and then the rest as a 'dessert' after dinner. My girl enjoyed a little with a dollop of honey.
If you use fresh berries, freeze your tea as ice-cubes the night before. Smoothies taste best really chilled.
I can't get flax seeds here, but if you grind some up fresh and add about 1T in, you'll pack an even healthier drink.

And of course other berries work too.... I just love purpley things.....

7 comments:

  1. Now that spring is here, finally, I want to switch to lighter, but still nutritious breakfasts, and this looks like a great start. I am a huge tea and yogurt lover, so this appeals to me on all fronts...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you here BookGirl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good--I think I'll try it with kefir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I make blueberry smoothie but never thought of adding tea! I'll try it next time!
    xxx,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. kefir would be a great option.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why not use stevia? I like to use yogurt or kefir in Michael's smoothies with frozen fruit. He loves them without sweetener, but I like a packet of stevia in mine. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't not use it, just happy with splenda. can't buy it here anyway.

    i do need the added sweetness too, especially with tart fruit like berries.

    ReplyDelete